Saturday 7 April 2012

Soulistry - week 1

I just finished my week one of Soulistry ( a course run on Effy Wilds premium Bod site).  Its great to be up to date with at least one of the courses Im taking this year rofl.  Well it is only week one!
For this front cover I chose a budda image as Soulistry is all about connecting to our spirtual selves and getting to know yourself. I am so happy to be part of this spiritual art journey with Effy and the sisterhood on facebook.

I used sprayed acrylic ink, brayering, punchinella, and stencils and collage for this one, and my trusted pitt pens for the lettering.  I chose to connect to a quote by Lao Tzu. "It is wisdom to know others: It is enlightenment to know oneself"  I also connected with remembering my unique personal gifts.

When I read the prologue of the  book Soulistry by June Maffin I just knew this book would inspire my journal art and help me on my spiritual journey.  Im so looking forward to doing all the journal prompts over the next 52 weeks with Effy and thank her deeply for bringing this book to my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment